Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sick, yet again

I read recently that a the average child gets sick (even just the sniffles) about 8-12 times a year. That seemed so much to me, until recently. I am home with Wesley again today. He has had a horrible respiratory virus. He has run a fever over 102 for 2 days, red throat, ear infection, horrible sinus infection (nasty nose), cough, and is so needy (and why not, he feels horrible). We went to the dr yesterday and the first thing he said was that his lips were swollen. I had not noticed that until he said it. Well, the doctor did not think he looked good at all is is probably out of school the rest of the week. He is on a strong antibiotic and decongestant/antihistamine.

But with the weather in South Louisiana, there is not question why so often. Monday was very cold; Tuesday was warm; Wednesday was cold again; Thursday, warm, and friday will be cold yet again!!! There were 9 out of 17 kids absent from Wesley's class yesterday, and that was before I took him home. (His fever had broken that morning and he looked so good. I needed to go to school for at least an hour to video a lesson for National Board Certification. I had made an appointment just in case and am so glad I did cause his fever returned. I picked him up at 10 and went to the doctor. Oh, and when I called for his appointment at 9am, they only had 3 appointments left that day -- wih 2 doctors and a practitioner -- unbelievable!!!)

The twins are doing great. Both are starting to cut another series of teeth. alex has 4 coming really soon (poor baby). Alex is still on treatments 3-4 times daily, but his wheezing is under control.

No comments: