Monday, February 04, 2008

Pictures Just Don't Do Justice

We hear this saying so often - pictures just don't do justice. Well the picture below does not truely show how bad Alex's head looked today. I'll try to get a better picture later.



The Story:

Earlier today, the boys were all playing outside with me and Daniel, Kirby and Glenn, and Kelci. Alex fell as he was playing and immediately a HUGE blood blister formed on his head. He did not fall far or hard, but this huge hard blister formed. Of course (even though I did not want to admit it at first) I was panicking. I called the doctor and asked to speak to the nurse immediately. the nurse said she from what I described it seemed like only a blood blister and it would go down. We were to watch him over the next 24 hours for any signs of head trama, namely vomiting. Ice and Tylenol would be all that was needed. I was still scared, so Kirby took me and Alex to our familiy doctor nearby just to get a look. Our luck, they were out at lunch. We walked over to the pharmacy and the pharmasist said that a large blister will happen when they hit their head. Everything was okay. Just put ice. So I calmed down. By that time (30 minutes later) the blister had gone down tremendously. Alex is perfectly okay. I was more scared than he was.



So . . . now were are off to take their 18 month pictures which was scheduled for 5pm. Our photographer is about to go out on maternity leave so she did not have any other appointments. She said she could edit out the bruise. If he is too cross, we will try later with the girl taking her place while on maternity leave.



NEVER a dull moment with twins, or I guess kids for that matter.

No comments: