Thursday, September 18, 2008

Early Thursday Morning

I am updating early this morning since I am heading to school today. Daniel has made remarkable improvements. Yesterday I attended therapy with him.

We started with a shower in the morning. This left him tired and sweating even before true therapy started, but he said it felt really good. Then, he got in and out of the van, but that was extremely hard and tiring. He also attempted getting into and out of a bed, but again very tough. This is so he does not need a hospital bed. He worked really hard and was very tired afterwards. The therapists said they are hoping he can stay at least until Tuesday of next week to gain some of the strength he needs for when he comes home. It is somewhat of an insurance game though. Every task is a major chore right now.

So I am trying to come to work today and tomorrow because I know that one day next week I will need to take of so I can take him home, and doctor appointments will also be coming up.

He is really improving, but it will take a lot of time. I can't get over how quickly he is doing so much of what he is though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those prayers for his healing are being answered and he has an amazing woman by his side. I admire you so much and IF I ever decide to grow up, I want to be you. I will continue to pray for yall and remember, I am here if you need me. I love yall!

Love
Shannon

Anonymous said...

It so nice to read how well Daniel is doing. We will continue to think of him through his recovery. Please let him know that we are pulling for him!