Tuesday, June 20, 2006

30 week update

To begin, things have been pretty quiet here. We saw Dr. Studman this morning. I will probably be in here until the end of the week. They want to make sure everything is pretty quiet so I won't be doing this in another week. I will also be taking a couple more tests to endure everything is the same. The babies are looking great. The nurses monitor them every 4 hours now. I am not sure they sleep. Every time the nurses come in, they try to kick the monitors off. It is really funny to see.

We also saw the neonatologist yesterday. He gave us a good idea of what to expect if the babies were born now and if the babies were born in a few weeks. He explained the tubes that they use and how the babies would look when we first saw them. We also found out that we have no visiting hours, and I could be with them for 24 hours if I wish. I will also be able to call their nurses at any time to get an update if I am not there. If they were born now, they would be in for about 6 weeks. I was really relieved to speak with the doctor and get an idea of what to expect. The only way that the babies will be born and stay in Thibodaux is if I can go to 35 weeks (end of July) and have no complications.

Hopefully everything keeps going on the path that it is now.

2 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Glad to hear that things are pretty quiet. Love the doctor's name - Stud-Man. I'm sure it's not pronounced like that, but I'm sure he or she has heard it their whole life.

Tammy said...

Melissa, thanks for the prayers.
Jennifer, yes it is how to pronounce his name although it does not really fit. I do love all the doctors though. They really all have a great personality.