Wednesday, June 21, 2006

More news

At Woman's Hospital I see a team of 4 high risk doctors, so everyday is a new one except for weekends. One doctor stays the same all weekend. I was also told by one of the nurses that before any decision is made about any case, all 4 doctors have to agree.

The reason I say this is because Dr. Newman is on call today. I saw him at 7 this morning. He has no plans for me to go home until after I turn 35 weeks. This would be a safe time to deliver in Thibodaux. When I came to Baton Rouge Friday, this is what I was expecting, but after hearing that I would be home, my hopes were up. I understand the reason for staying here -- the ping pong between Thibodaux and Baton Rouge hospitals is crazy and more dangerous than just staying here. But, I miss being able to see and play with Wes every afternoon. Mom has been bringing him almost every other day and every day on weekends, but the thoughts of being away from him so long is hard.

Away from the sappy stuff, I am still feeling good. 2-3 contractions an hour at the most. I go some hours without any. No talk this morning about next ultrasound or fFn test. I had an ultrasound Friday, so I would guess that this Friday would be the earliest.

No comments: